30 Dec 2011

Reflection on How and Why [BIT item two]

Explain in detail of HOW and WHY you have used ICT with a blog/ Web site in your lesson plan

HOW:
With my teaching topic of "series and parallel circuits", first I borrowed several textbooks from the Hong Kong Institute of Education (HKIEd) library as I found the CD accompanied includes PowerPoint files and worksheets.  By referencing the same topic from different book publishers, I screened, selected and consolidated a new PowerPoint file and worksheet for my students.  Moreover, through Google with keywords "series and parallel circuits" and also tried "teaching electricity", I found and downloaded several software applications from http://www.etcai.com/ Web site and used them in teaching.  Meanwhile, I also encouraged my students to explore the software at home to enhance the concepts of electricity. ... bla bla bla ...

Screenshot of the Web site:

WHY:
Generally, I think blog is very easy to set up and manage.  As a teacher, I don't need to spend a lot of time to learn HTML code for the Web page layout design.  Instead, I can focus on the content and publish my teaching and learning materials easily.  With free WiFi hotspots in Hong Kong, it is easy either to update the blog content related to electricity such as taking and uploading pictures through my smart phone or even interacting with my students through replying blog posts.  Using PowerPoint file is also good for teaching productivity as I don’t need to bring several textbooks.  Instead, I scanned and compressed the images from different textbooks and integrated into a single PowerPoint file (with proper referencing).  Specifically, I found the shareware applications I selected are free-of-charge, very comprehensive, and easy to manage the concepts of electricity that I think they are very suitable for teaching. ... bla bla bla ...

(432 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment