9 Mar 2012

Right ICT translation tools for your teaching subjects

Yesterday I was reading articles published by educators in Hong Kong about Mathematics teaching.  However, I was not sure some terms and I read the definition from online dictionaries.  However, the English to Chinese translation is diversified and made me further confused.

I happened to find a resource from the EDB Web site (for Math only):

I have further checked that such glossary files are also available for different subjects as below:
http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2372&langno=1

Try to see if you can find one for your teaching subject.  As a teacher of a particular subject, we are generally familiar with the terms in our mother language but many articles are written in English, so we better use ICT tools for the right translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment